Provided by nairabet.com

Cristiano Ronaldo declares his commitment to Al-Nassr, saying he belongs to Saudi Arabia

0


Cristiano Ronaldo says he’s happy at Al-Nassr after doubts about his future at the Saudi Arabian club. The 41-year-old Portuguese star had reportedly been unhappy with how the club was run by Saudi Arabia’s Public Investment Fund (PIF) and missed three recent games.

He returned last week and scored twice in Al-Nassr’s 4-0 win over Al-Hazem, which put them one point clear at the top of the Saudi Pro League. Ronaldo said he wants to stay.

“I’m very happy,” Ronaldo told Saudi broadcaster Thmanyah. “I feel I belong to Saudi Arabia. The country, my family, and friends have welcomed me well. I want to continue here. The most important thing is we keep pushing for the league title. We’re at the top, we do our job, win, and put pressure on others. Let’s see at the end of the season.”

Ronaldo joined the Middle East in December 2022 after leaving Manchester United, becoming the highest-paid footballer with an annual salary of £177m. Since joining, Al-Nassr has only won the 2023 Arab Club Champions Cup. Saturday’s win moved them ahead of Al-Hilal in the league, and they’ve also reached the AFC Asian Cup quarter-finals.

Post a Comment

0 Comments

Post a Comment (0)
3/related/default