Breaking News

Barcelona pair Reverter, Alemany at Man City Friday amid Torres interest

 

Barcelona are planning a bid for Manchester City attacker Ferran Torres.

The Daily Mail says Torres, currently going through rehabilitation on a foot injury sustained last month, would be expected to cost around double the £21million City paid Valencia for him last year.

The 21-year-old Spain international is understood to be interested in exploring a move after limited starts prior to his injury.

Barca's chief executive Ferran Reverter and director of football Mateu Alemany visited City's training base on Friday. City sources said the pair were in the UK for business meetings.

Although going through financial strife, Barca also possess a long-standing desire to land Raheem Sterling.

But the forward has rediscovered his scoring touch, notching in each of his last three games after a run of two in 20, and City want him to sign a new contract.

No comments