Breaking News

Middlesbrough Rule out Success deal

 isaac

English Championship club Middlesbrough manager Neil Warnock has ruled out a move for Nigerian Isaac Success, after the forward was offered to the club, PUNCH Sports Extra reports.

Success, who is in his fourth season at the Hornets, is one of the “seven or eight” players offered a loan exit to Middlesbrough, according to the Warnock.

The Nigerian, alongside Andre Gray and Stipe Perica are expected to leave this summer, with the Hornets keen to get them off the wage bill, while younger players like Pontus Dahlberg are likely to be sent out to gain experience.

“There will be odd loan deals when the squads come out. I’ve just got a list from Watford today (Tuesday), there must be seven or eight players on there,” the Middlesbrough boss told the Hartlepool Mail.

“They want their wages off now.”

Warnock stated that agents had been in touch with him as well, saying they are looking to move their own players on.

“They say they are working for the club and they’ve been told can they help them move some players out on loan to get the wages down when they are signing all these players in the Premier League,” he added.

“There are six or seven players who have been given to me by one agent today. Am I interested in any of them? Unfortunately, I’m not but it just shows you what is happening around the country at the minute.”

Success, meanwhile, has two years remaining on his contract and made clear his desire to stay and fight for his place earlier this summer.

However, the club are actively seeking a route out for the forward, who could be moved to fellow Pozzo-owned club Udinese for the season, should nothing else materialises.

No comments