Breaking News

LaLiga: Barcelona president, Joan Laporta confirms Messi’s next club, says I did my best

 

Barcelona president, Joan Laporta has revealed the top European club Lionel Messi will join this summer after announcing the 34-year-old is no longer part of the Catalan giants’ set up.

In a viral video, Laporta, Real Madrid president Florentino Perez, and Juventus president Andrea Agnelli seem to be in a meeting when he made the declaration.

“Messi is going to Paris Saint-Germain, I would have liked him to continue at Barcelona, but it was impossible. I did my best,” Laporta said.

However, Laporta’s declaration did not come as a surprise considering the fact that several French and Spanish outlets have confirmed the close negotiations between the Argentine and PSG.

Barcelona announced on Thursday that the Argentine superstar will not continue at the club after 21.

Messi’s father, Jorge Messi was said to have accused Laporta of using his son (Messi) to win the club’s presidential election last year after he promised to keep the 6-time Ballon d’Or winner at the club at all cost.

At the moment, it’s looking likely that PSG is the only club in the race to get the signature of the 6-time Ballon d’Or winner.

No comments